Friday, September 2, 2011

Glass and Ashes - S/T (2008)



Tracklist
1. Seconds Before The Floor Drops Out
2. To The Point Of Paralysis
3. We Will Hang For This
4. Bird's Eye View
5. Alpha State
6. North Flight
7. Exit Wound
8. Count Back From 10
9. Dead Bodies Skyscrapers High
10. The Rebuttal


I really have a hard time describing this band despite the fact they're nothing groundbreaking. Super fast punk-rawk (I dunno if I'd even call it hardcore). Equal parts Hot Water Music and Every Time I Die is probably the best way to describe it. Certain parts are even similar to Gallows' "Orchestra of Wolves" if you were to turn the suck way down. The song "Exit Wound" sounds like Pelican. This album is an enigma, while at the same time being very straightforward (which makes it more of an enigma, I guess).

Every sentence in that last paragraph could have been it's own paragraph.

It's got guitar solos for fuck's sake! You think you can describe this music better than I? Well listen here, Mr. "I'm a better writer than a random dude on a random blog..."

If I was a better writer I'd probably have been able to finish that insult. But I'm not. Fuck you.

Whatever, I like it.


FFO: HWM, Polar Bear Club, ETID, Kvelertak (I guess), Thrice

Recommended Tracks: Bird's Eye View, The Rebuttal

No comments:

Post a Comment