Sunday, November 20, 2011

Giant's Chair - Purity and Control



1. Nondescriptionist Ethic
2. Robbing Peter, Paying Paul
3. Single File Accident
4. Purity and Control
5. 1000 of Anything
6. Work As Fuel
7. The Speech
8. Blind in One Eye
9. The Ballad of Jody Hamilton
10. Muelbach Pigeon

Giant's Chair was a post-hardcore/emo/whatever band that existed for about five years in the '90s. All you need to know is that they're awesome and more bands should rip them off instead of Cap'n Jazz and those other '90s bands (myself included).

Having only recently been introduced to this band, I've only been able to dive into 'Purity and Control' so far. The vocals remind me a lot of Fugazi while the instrumental sections are kind of like Drive Like Jehu or something. However you want to describe it, it's cool, groovin' music.

The first mediafire link I found didn't have the first song, "Nondescriptionist Ethic", which was the first song I had heard by this band and one of my favorites. So I had to do some extra searching but I think this link has all the songs.

FFO: Fugazi, Drive Like Jehu, Knapsack, Mineral

Purity and Control: http://www.mediafire.com/?uzimwmvzqzx

~Raphael B.

No comments:

Post a Comment